Thursday, August 17, 2017

We the Students

We the students of Miss Maddox's 6th grade class

Today we wrote our class constitution.

in order to form a more perfect classroom,

This lesson went way better than the one on Socrates.

to establish order,

This was partially because I totally knew what I was doing with the constitution lesson; I've taught it before.

to present ourselves well,

It was also partially because I do not know nearly as much about Socrates as I thought I did.

to create a learning environment,

The really interesting thing about it, was that I had clear expectations for the Constitution lesson. I knew what was going on. My students knew where they needed to go. They came up with what they wanted to say.

and take responsibility,

The Socrates lesson was not organized in quite the same way. Or even as much as the Constitution/Rules lesson was.

establish these rules

Though, come to think of it, the content was not bad.

so we can make progress in our selves,

But the management could have been better.

and our classroom,

In the end, I think something stuck. I think they maybe learned something.

and educate our lives.

1 comment: