Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Student Quotes

Several months ago my students put on skits as part of their Latin class. I wish I had recorded them as they were glorious. Instead, I wrote down two quotes.

"Secret old man mode!" said because he's being Odysseus as he came home from the war after 20 years.

And

"What is wrong with the youth these days?" Also said by Odysseus who is pretended to be an old man fighting a bunch of other people.

I wish I had time during the day to write down all the funny things they do. Instead I can only give you those two quotes and tell you one student spoke using only puns today and I can't remember a single one.

But that's what happens when you're a teacher, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! The kids are sure fun and clever! I cant even think of my own pun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the skits and scripts my comparative lit I (Ancient and Classics) course -- lower division college students -- wrote and put on for end of course project. Way more fun for all of Aeneas had a cell phone in his toga and his mother was always calling him. I wish we had had filmed them. More fun for all of us than extra papers or essay exams.

    ReplyDelete