Friday, March 30, 2018

Teaching is Fun

Teaching is fun because sometimes you get gems like:

Student: *sees paint on the wall that had not been there the hour previously*
Student: *touches paint*
Student, in horror: It's wet!


And who could forget:

For reasons too lengthy to mention here, Sir Talks-a-lot is not allowed to have scissors in my class. Are scissors his favorite tool? Yes. Does he find all the ways to get scissors? Yes. Did he have a pair in class today? Yes. Did I take them away? Yes.

Did he have a pair? Yes.
Did I take them away from him? Yes.

Did he have scissors? Again, Yes.
Did I take them away from him? Oh, absolutely.

At this point did I realize he'd stuffed his pockets with scissors? Yes. Nine of them. In one pocket.

Did I take all of them? Yes. It was like the never-ending pocketful of scissors.



And sometimes when you walk in the hall you hear classics like:

Student: Well you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a cheeseball man, no time to talk.



And SOMETIMES you greatly exaggerate your horse voice to a whisper so you get:

1. A perfect novels class because they want to hear every word you say.
2. A not as perfect homeroom class (because you're giving them a surprise April Fool's Day spelling test with only 6 real words) but students who are trying really hard to get the other students to listen so they can hear me.
3. A surprise April Fool's Day spelling test that every time you're tempted to laugh because their reactions to words like Kpfluterwageeen are just too hilarious, you cough instead and that's all the convincing they need that you are really sick and have to give them this test.


Sigh.

Teaching is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment