Friday, March 23, 2018

Thank-you Note

Today I got the sweetest note from a student who isn't even mine. It was brought into my classroom by her teacher while I was getting after math students who weren't doing their work.

"Dear Miss Kelsch," the note read, "Thank you so much for making my brother feel safe at school... He fights so hard every day. I'm just so glad he's making friends."

I was struck by how sweet this girl is. Her younger brother has had a hard time and she cares about him and how he is doing. She mentioned a few other things in her note that made me see how much she notices about her brother.

I wish everyone had an older sibling as kind and wonderful as this.

2 comments:

  1. What a special sister and how receptive you must be as a teacher that she sought you out to thank you

    ReplyDelete