Monday, March 26, 2018

Two Thoughts

Two thoughts from today:

It snowed in and off this morning, but by lunchtime all the snow had melted. I thought my students would be happy about the snow because I always was as a kid. However, they were not as excited as I.

Today I decided to do something I should have done at the beginning of the year: edit and comment on each of my students' essays. I mean, it also would have helped to use the graphic organizer at the beginning of the year.

The graphic organizer was one I made last year. When I gave it to my students this year they could suddenly write a 5 paragraph essay in shorter than the allotted time.

I said to them, "Did that make writing an essay easier?"

They responded with a resounding, "Yes!"

So I guess I need to start with that next year and hopefully they'll be better writers by the time SAGE gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment